Friday, March 16, 2012

Let's catch up, shall we?

To Whom It May Concern:

I know there hasn’t been much as far as communicative information emanating from the blog.  I suppose you'd all like to hear how I’m still attempting to "Change My Life Today"... I've been a little lax in my blogging responsibilities, and for that I apologize. 

Shall I fill you all in?  Yes, I think I shall.  However it will be textually, not photographically.   

Let me be honest and express a truly embarrassing reality.  Yesterday was the second time I've exercised since I moved to Utah.

FAIL.

I fail at life; but not really.  Luckily, I've been meticulously counting my calories and have not gained any weight. 

My exercise slump, to be frank, came right when I needed it. 

I know what you're thinking...

"Mychal!  There is no such thing as a "needed exercise slump" when you're trying to get fit!"

Oh, contraire mah'dear.  Said "slump" filled me in on several important life changing elements that result from working out.

  1. Weight loss - I'm losing, but not as much as I'd like... and I'm so close to my goal.  I can't justify slowing down so close to the finish line.
  2. Energy - Oh my golly galactities!  I have SO much more energy when I work out.  It sounds counter-intuitive, but it's so true. Some how, pushing my body to it's physical limits daily helps it sustain itself until the next time I work out.  
  3. Happiness - I am so much happier when I work out.  It's a great stress relief, anger outlet, and confidence boost.  How do those things NOT result in happiness?
  4. Attitude - My attitude about myself, my life, dating, society, church... I'm just oodles more positive when I'm working out.
Oh... and the biggest one?
I like working out.  I miss it!
When I worked out yesterday... it felt so damn good!
It felt good enough that I'm going to join a gym so that I can feel that good 5-6 days a week.
Let me express why I'm going to join a gym:
  • I'm a penny pinching nut case.  I count them like I count calories.  (Whoa!  This sh*t's getting real. Hahaha!) So if I'm paying to go to a gym, you can be hella sure I'm going to go to the gym.
  • I'm not a fan of working out in my apartment (something about the creaky floor and neighbors below listening to me tromp around like an elephant is just NOT appealing or motivating in the slightest).
  • I want access to more machinery, more fitness programs, trainers... yada yada yada
  • Working out in a gym gives me a better chance of going with a friend!  Dear Future Workout Buddy, I LOVE YOU.

So, I'm joining a gym sometime this weekend.  And I'm pretty effing stoked!


Now, let me give y'all a few more life deets (aka details).

  • My new job is positively fabulous.  I love it.  
  • I love living in Utah. That feels so alien to say.  Even more alien to believe...
  • I am socializing!  Yay for friends!  
  • I'm involved in Church.  I'm reading my scriptures and praying regularly. I'm finally getting my spiritual wellness on track.
  • I'm so happy.
  • I love my apartment.
  • Effy is doing super well!  She's getting lots of attention from the pet hungry & attention starved BYU students. 
  • I love life.  
  • I love YOU.


Talk to you again soon my dah'lings!


Much love to you! 

~Mychal

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you are loving Utah and adjusting so well! I never really knew that people actually lived in Utah on purpose, but I'm glad it's working out! ;) It's awesome that you found a church, that can be pretty hard when moving to a new city. Make sure you check out a few gyms and be competitive don't settle on price. Go early on Saturday if you can so you can see if there's any eye candy. (I personally like to work out my eyes too!) I think it is so awesome when people can still lose weight when they aren't working out. Keep it up! And make sure when you're shopping you remember you have a shape! Don't hide it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I never miss a good opportunity to see eye candy. hahaha! I'll definitely try to flaunt what I got. I'll be sure to post pictures and make sure they're acceptable! You gotta by my fashion guide, yes? :D

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to hear what you're up to lately!

    ReplyDelete