Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Back to Normal... ish

Hey my dah'lings!

First of all, let me wish you all a very HAPPY LOVE MONTH!  I've never been much of a Valentine's Day fan. If I'm being honest... I hated getting Valentine's Day gifts for my birthday.  People with birthday's around Christmas or Easter can relate I'm sure...

But now that I've grown up and gotten married... it isn't so bad.  I guess the romantic fire in my heart has been sparked.  So... HAPPY FEBRUARY Dah'lings! 

Let's catch up!  It's been a few days.

How've you been!?  What've you been doing?  Are you making progress changing your life?  How are your workouts going?!  Are your New Year goals and resolutions still going strong?!  I have faith in you!

As far as my life goes... 

I'm a bit disappointed in myself. 

I know it's been a few days since I blogged.  Let me explain why.  I'll be brief.

I had some things in my personal life that threw me for a loop last week.  The circumstances I found myself in, along with my husband working long hours, triggered my depression again.  I could hardly get out of bed for a few days.  I didn't want to wake up, I wished I hadn't been born... I didn't workout, I didn't want to eat... I locked myself in my house alone and wallowed in my sadness and depression.  It was... it was bad.

I'm sorry I let you guys down.  I'm sorry I let myself down.

My husband was really supportive when he was home.  He'd hold me, let me cry, take care of feeding me, put me in the shower...

I have to be honest, I don't deserve such a wonderful and loving husband.  He literally is the best man I have ever met and I couldn't be more blessed to be his wife.  

Slowly but surely he helped me work back to getting normal.

I had a few conversations with some close friends about what had happened and why I was struggling. I also spoke to my ecclesiastical leader who counseled me on how to handle my reactions to the situation. 

Needless to say, after a few days I'm almost completely back to normal.  I still have trouble and bouts of sadness, but I'm not letting them incapacitate me anymore. 

I worked out for the first time in 5 days yesterday.  It felt good and I am SORE.

Sometimes... we struggle.  Sometimes life gets hard.  While we may fall down and writhe on the ground in pain, we can ALWAYS get back up again.  It might take a few days and it may require great effort, but we can always get back up.  We MUST get back up. 

Life is about growing, learning, progressing, and changing.  We must keep moving forward.

Thank you for being awesome!  Thank you for listening to me put my crazy into words.  Thank you for supporting me, for understanding, and for sharing your dedication, motivation, and inspiration with me.  

Until next time my loves!

Mych

No comments:

Post a Comment