Friday, February 7, 2014

Home Gym

Being a newlywed (I still consider myself that since it hasn't even been a year yet...) means lots of things; namely it means you're poor.

WOO!

So as many of you know, I work out at home because my husband and I can't afford a gym membership.

You may also know... that I really loved the gym.  I miss 24 Hour Fitness in Utah.  That place really changed my life.

You may have heard that I REALLY enjoy working out with people.  Working out by myself, while it can be occasionally cathartic, can also be really lonely and depressing.

As such... my husband has concocted the most incredible plan to remedy all of the above problems.

Ready?!

A HOME GYM.

For a hybrid Birthday/Valentine's Day gift, the love of my life is transforming one bay of our 3 car garage into an at home gym.

He will be installing a foam floor (so that we won't be on concrete), insulating the garage doors and installing a heater, mounting a TV and DVD player, and adding a cabinet for my workout DVD's and accessories.  I already have an elliptical in the garage, and we both have free weights... so Wilson Gym is on it's way.

It should only cost us around $300 and it should be done in about 1-3 months or so!

The best part about this whole situation!?

Working out WITH my husband.

I really like working out in the morning... and my husband happens to get home really early in the morning.  So from now on when he gets home, he will wake me up and we can go down to the gym and have a workout buddy!  I can do Zumba, Hip Hop Abs, or Rockin Body while he uses the elliptical, or we can do T25 & Insanity together (since he isn't much for "dancing" workouts... hehehe).  We can also strength train and lift weights together.

Our family motto/goal is to be happy & healthy.  Our home gym will provide us both with the place, the motivation, and the partnership to workout and live the lifestyle we're aiming for.

I'm so very blessed to have married such an incredible man!

I'll be sure to post pictures of the Home Gym's progress and completion!

Much Love,
Mych


No comments:

Post a Comment