Sunday, August 21, 2011

Breathe

I finally have time to sit down and breathe.

Let's catch up, shall we?

First of all, I wanted to say thank you for aiding me in my selection of style and shape for my new glasses.  I have selected 2 pairs which will be here this week.  I shall take pictures and post them for your viewing pleasure upon my acquisition of them.

Here's a rundown of my life for the past few weeks:

I'm living in 700 square feet with 5 people.  Stressful.
  • The addition to the house is going well.
  • Tensions are high as no one has any privacy, anywhere.

I recently drove to Pocatello for a job interview.  Time-consuming
  • The interview went well.
  • I got to visit my brother.

My weight loss is progressing.  SLOWLY.
  • I will be weighing in again on Wednesday.  Everyone cross their fingers and send skinny-ish thoughts my way.  I really want to meet my 40 lb weight loss goal by the end of August.
  • On a happier note, my skinny jeans (that once fit fabulously, then I couldn't fit in at all) are now baggy-falling-off-my-hips jeans.  Hurrah!  That was exciting. 
  • I got a few pairs of Under Armour workout pants and I look HOT in them.  Just sayin.
My workouts have been fluctuating in regards to what time of the day I'm working out.  Agitating.
  • Sometimes it is in the morning, sometimes in the evening.  This bothers me greatly.  I am a creature of habit, a creature of routine.  I now pledge to get up early every morning and work out. 

My goals, my goals, my goals.  I think I'm doing pretty well on the goal front.
  • After a stint in the glums, I've rebounded back to the outgoing, funny, and happy Mychal.  I need to work a bit more on my relationship with the Man upstairs and work on making friends, but other than that... I'm progressing with all my goals pretty well.
TOPIC CHANGE
A post or two back, I wrote about my dream-guy-love-life-pipe-dream.  After some replies, advice, and an epiphany (and thanks to someone I follow on twitter) I wanted to share a quote that has helped change my views in regards to that aspect of my life.

"When you stop being the girl who needs a man, you become the girl a man needs."

Love it!  When I started changing my life, I was doing it for me.  I want to like who I am.  Some how that feeling/reasoning got convoluted and began to incorporate other people's views (particularly that of men).  I need to do this for me.  I need to change for myself, not for anyone else.  The only person I need to prove something to, is me.  I am a strong, confident, independent woman.  No man can ever make me "happier", if I'm not "happy" first.  I can't make a man "happy" if I'm not "happy" with myself.  It's a cruel cycle, but it's true.  I don't need a man to achieve my goals, or to make me happy.  Fully understanding and living this idea, will help me on my journey to become the woman I want to be.  

Thank you for the continued love & support!  You dolls are the best!

Love,
Mych

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that quote!! I had the similar, less witty version on my desk all summer "happy and single: the mindset to get the guy". And...it worked so woohoo go confident independent women who attract the best guys in this life!

    Did anything happen with that interview?

    ReplyDelete