Friday, September 30, 2011

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

Dah-lings,

I know I've mentioned them in a video post... but I have to RAVE about them in the written word, I just HAVE to!  So, there are these 2 amazing women that have started a societal revolution; Beauty Redefined (http://beautyredefined.net) is helping me change my life, change my attitude, and change my perception of myself.  I'm not even joking.  Their website/movement has helped me convert from wanting the body of a sexy celebrity to wanting celebrate my beautifully feminine body!


In the beginning of this whole "total makeover," the motivation was to become beautiful.  To have the body and looks that would drive men crazy, and subsequently make me happy.  I WAS SO WRONG.  

I've often wondered why I can see the beauty in others but not in myself.  I'm sure you all do the same thing.  You see all the wonderful, beautiful, amazing qualities of others, but you see very few in yourself.  Am I right?  Yes.  Beauty Redefined is helping me alter my personal blue print of beauty.  All those qualities I "think" I need to possess physically to have value or worth... they were created, manipulated, and influenced by the media and by society.  WOAH!  For a person who "doesn't like to be told how to live, think, or feel" I'm sure being told how to live, think, and feel.  Beauty Redefined helped me make that realization and is helping me have the motivation to love who I am more and more each day.

Understanding the real ideal of beauty is helping me accept and love myself.  I've NEVER felt like this before.  Beauty Redefined has helped me come to several key realizations:

1. I am not defined by my weight.
2. I am beautiful.
3. The women on TV and in magazines really don't look like that.
4. Real women with real curves are beautiful!  Reality is beautiful.
5. Being healthy and happy is more important than meeting the false societal requirements of said "beauty".
6. My value is not determined by my sex appeal to men.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I still have days, occasional bouts, and frequent moments of "I'm not pretty, I'm fat, I'm undesirable." HOWEVER it seems like every time that happens... Beauty Redefined posts something that helps remind me that I am beautiful.  That I am real.  That I have value.

THANK YOU.  THANK YOU.  THANK YOU.

The joy and freedom you've helped me achieve is beyond explanation.  I wish everyone could feel and understand what I'm barely beginning to.  It's a personal goal to help others achieve what you've helped me achieve.

So followers... FOLLOW THEM.  Because they are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  I'm proud to be part of the "fight" to take back beauty.


Just sayin'.

MUCH LOVE
-Mych

1 comment:

  1. found you through the Take Back Beauty girls... I am impressed by what they are doing as well! I would love it if you would check out my blog All Things Purple http://iheartpurplestuff.blogspot.com and follow me if you like what you see :)

    ReplyDelete