Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Helpful Idea

I know it's been awhile since I posted anything...

It's been an interesting few months.

March was tough on me because I struggled with my depression again.  But I overcame!

Then, in the middle of April my Grandfather passed away.  It was really difficult and both led me to some pretty stupid dietary decisions.  I guess depression and emotional trauma do that to a person.

Everyday gets a little better and I happened across a photo on Tumblr that has helped me keep my workouts fun, fresh, and spontaneous.  I thought I'd share it just incase anyone else needed a little boost in their daily health routine.

What I did was this:


I know it doesn't look like much, but bear with me.

I wrote every workout, from every workout program I own, on a popsicle stick.  I threw in a few miscellaneous ones (for my Kangoo Jumps) and a few "Your Choice!" sticks into the mix as well.  

The idea is this:

When I don't know what workout I feel like doing, or if I don't feel like working out, I draw a popsicle stick.

There can never be the excuse of boredom, or disinterest... I draw a routine... I DO IT.  No questions. It might be 25 minutes, it might be an hour.  Regardless, I do it.  It's been awesome!

You can do this for workouts at home or workouts you have through your gym.  Just write them down! 

The sticks I bought were $1.25 at Walmart, the sharpies were on sale for $3.29... and the mason jar was FREE in my cupboard.  

My workout popsicle sticks include:
1. Insanity
2. T25
3. Hip Hop Abs
4. Zumba Exhilarate 
5. Zumba Incredible
6. Elliptical/Treadmill workouts
7. Kangoo Bouncing Shoes (run or dance)
8. Wii Zumba (2, Core, or World Party)
9. Wii Just Dance (2, 3, or 4)

If you don't have any of these... that's OKAY!  If you don't have any that's okay!  

You can list ideas like this:
1. Jog around neighborhood
2. Squats & Lunges
3. Jumping Jacks
4. Sprints
5. High Knees
6. Pushups 

And so on and so forth... (also, you may want to add a minute value to each exercise to help yourself be more accountable too!)

The best part about this is the fact that you can ALWAYS add to it!  There will always be new workout programs and routines or activities to add.

So if you need a little push or some motivation... try it!

Much love to you, my darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment