Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sad... ish

I only lost 2 lbs this week.

I blame it on... being a woman.

But my spirits were lifted a bit when I found out that this week I'd lost 8 centimeters around my waist.  So when totaled up... I've lost 7 inches around my waist.  That's exciting right?

I'm looking forward to next week when my lbs lost should jump significantly.  Then the week after that I'm allowed to begin a more vigorous exercise regimen.  I've got a pair of Reebok Zigs waiting to be broken in and I couldn't be more excited.

I have say something, through this whole weight loss and diet program I'm on... I've had a lot of support from friends, followers, and church acquaintances... and while I appreciate and am motivated by all of them, they pale in comparison to the support I receive from my mother.

Living on 500 calories a day for 6 weeks is tough!  It's even harder to think of appetizing food that meets the caloric requirement, and somehow or another my mom does.  Day after day she helps me stay motivated, encourages me, and makes me KICK ASS delicious food.  She's amazing.

I'm feeling SO good about myself lately and being down by about 30 lbs is going to make exercising so much more fun... because I'll have more energy.

Ok ok... enough about weight loss, diets, and exercise.

Lets see... I haven't been as social as I should have been lately.  I blame the holidays and being out of town all the time.  Which is happening again this weekend.  I'm driving down to Utah with my parents and younger brother.  He has college orentiation, we're picking up my grandmother, and I'm going to swing by and say hello to my old boss and some friends down in Provo.  So I'll have an other weekend sans socializing...well with people in Nampa anyway.

I  really am working on it.  I need to start making friends and head into Boise for music shows, movies, clubbing, and the like.  I'm 22, I think I need to be a titch more invested in the social scene.  I guess I've just been comfortable chilling at home with Effy and my family.  There are a lot of laughs in my house.  It's hard to leave people you love being around.

Wow... I've droned on and on and on... sorry guys.

Well, until next week (or until the next time I get bored).

Love you all!

P.s.  If there are any topics or questions you would rather me talk about... email me at mychalsayscakeordeath@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Don't you dare be sad woman! You should be proud of your accomplishments thus far. You are an inspiration to us all. You inspired me to be a happier person and that's truly changed my life and marriage. You are my hero Mychal. Sure, you didn't lose as much weight as previous weeks but that's going to happen. Some weeks will be better than others. The thing that makes me so proud of you is that you keep going. You recognize your faults and you strive for something better. That's something that we all need to be better at and I commend you for being so strong.

    That is so great that you have more energy. I know the feeling...The socializing thing is a hard one because I honestly am the same way as you are. You will feel more comfortable in time so don't be discouraged. As you feel better about yourself, you will be able to let more people in the see your wonderful personality. I know you can be social! I mean heck, you are one of my best friends now and we met in class! You can be a social person girl! Anyway, sorry I am writing so much. I just love you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being so open and honest. You are truly a angel. Chelsea, my friend posted this quote and I thought I would share it with you, "It is how we react to adversity that determines our happiness and success in this life." Thanks for your support and love Mychal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sorts of things can you eat for your 500 calories? And how do you split it up throughout the day? And after the initial 6 weeks, what happens then? These are my questions. Way to go by the way. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete