Monday, January 20, 2014

A Friendly Monday Reminder

Okay dah'lings,

It's Monday!  So we get to start fresh again!  Who doesn't love a good week's restart?

Probably everyone, because no one likes Monday.

I'm writing a blog post right now because I'm feeling overwhelmed this morning already.

I have been sick and lethargic all weekend; as such I haven't had the gumption to clean my house or catch up on laundry.  My house is a mess.  If you haven't heard yet... I'm OCD.  So it's kind of melting my face off.

The problem is, I can't exercise until I clean my house.

Why?

First, I like to workout in a clean and organized environment.  I was really picky when I was picking gyms in Utah.  I like things to be clean and organized.

Second, I can't relax and exert full attention and effort to my workout until I clean my house.  I like to put my all into my workouts so I feel like I'm really pushing and changing my body.  Having a messy house will leer in the back of my mind and drive me crazy.  No bueno.

Thirdly, a messy house STRESSES ME THE EFF OUT!  I exercise to release tension.  If I exercise before... I'll be stressed afterward because I'll still have to clean.

So today I'm prioritizing based on my emotional and physical needs, not just my physical needs.  And that's okay!

Sometimes you have to do what's best for your mind, heart, and soul first; and sometimes those things will be different than what your body physically needs.

Have balance in your life.  I've found that's what makes me happy.  Take care of your physical body, take care of your heart, mind, and soul.  They're all linked and they all deserve to be taken care of.

So take care of yourself today my loves!

Relax, workout, be happy, smile, hug someone, accomplish something, be amazing, have a glass of your favorite drink.  Whatever you do, just make sure you're doing it for yourself.

You deserve it today.

You deserve to love your life.  Make it so.



Love,
Mychal


No comments:

Post a Comment