Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Struggle Builds Strength

I've been trying really hard to stay positive since it's the new year and all... but life is not making it easy to do that.

My husband and I have been struggling with our health since December.  Illness has run rampant in our house; apparently stress helps colds/the flu creep into your body and not let go.  Not to mention the fact that I've been struggling with getting my body normal since we found out about the insulin resistance and hormone imbalance.  It's been tough.

My husband also was injured at work the other day and the cut got infected.  The doctors were concerned it was a strain of staph so they put him on antibiotics.  Can't catch a break, right?  *sigh*

Then, this morning I woke up with nausea and abdominal cramps.  While my body is handling the birth control and other medications better, I'm still not used to it.  So I'm sick today too! UGH.

In case anyone is wondering, it is REALLY hard to have the desire to workout when you don't even want to get out of bed.

Thank heaven for pain killers and anti-inflammatory medications.  Midol and Aleve are my best friends right now.

I don't even want to eat! You know things are bad when I don't want to eat.

I was really looking forward to this weekend's weigh-in too.  But not now.  My body is bloated and retaining water.

It's hard to keep my chin up and be positive when life seems like it's kicking my ass all the time.

So this morning on my Instagram accounts I posted the following posts.

First this, because I was frustrated:



Then, in the midst of my wallowing, I happened to see this photograph on Facebook.  It struck me pretty profoundly and pulled me out of my self-pity pit of despair.



So, I guess that's all I'm trying to say today is...

It's okay to have a bad day.  It's going to happen; and it'll happen more than we think is fair.

We will struggle; but struggling is part of the journey.  Struggling is part of our story.

We can't give up.  Ever.

We are too valuable to give up on.

We have too much to do, too much to offer, too much to give.

So chin up.  It'll get better.  I promise. I know.

Much love to you my dah'lings!

~ Mychal

No comments:

Post a Comment