Saturday, January 11, 2014

Feeling v. Seeing

Hello Lovelies!

It's a beautiful Saturday and I hope that you've all had a wonderful week!

I suppose it's "update" time.  I have some exciting updates, and some kinda not exciting updates.

I'll start with the exciting things first.

Yesterday & today, for the first time I can remember... I nailed my two Focus T25 workouts.  By "nailed" I mean that:

  • I didn't have to pause the DVD to catch my breath
  • I did every exercise for the entire time allotted
  • I pushed through the burnouts and kept up with the T25 Crew
  • I embraced the burn and never let up on my energy and focus
It might sound silly to some of you.  But to me that's a big deal.  That is a HUGE improvement in a week.   A mere week before I was pausing the DVD, stopping mid exercise section, and going at half the speed the Crew was exercising at.

I feel so great!  I can feel the change in my body (and I can feel it too.)  My abs and core are getting stronger and I'm able to put more energy and force behind every exercise movement.

My husband even noticed that my pants fit better.  *smiling huge*

NOW

While I can feel the changes in my body, I can't really see anything (though maybe my husband is onto something with the pants).  This week I didn't gain or lose weight.  Which is disheartening, but not.  If that makes sense.

I'm hoping that the high intensity and strength building exercises in my workouts built some muscle (which, if I was losing fat at the same time could explain why I didn't "lose" anything. I did lose, but I gained muscle at the same time.) and building muscles is a good thing.  Being stronger is a good thing.  It means I can work harder and more intensely to lean up.

Regardless of numbers, I am happy and I feel good.  I will never give up! Ever.



I hope the rest of you are doing well! Fill me in on how you're doing, please!

As always, feel free to email or message me if you would like to chat or need some encouragement!

I sure love and appreciate you all!

Much love,

Mychal

No comments:

Post a Comment